Hello and welcome to the website for the Mindfulness-Based Childbirth and Parenting (MBCP) Program. Here parents-to-be, their families and friends, health care professionals, researchers and others can learn about our classes, trainings and events. The MBCP Program was founded by Nancy Bardacke, certified nurse-midwife and mindfulness teacher. We are delighted you are visiting us and hope you find the information here useful.
- September 1o, 2019 – June 30, 2020 – MBCP Teacher Training (MBCPTT) and Certification, live-online course taught by MBCP Faculty.
- February 2020 – MBCP Teacher Training in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland (MBCP-DACH). Held in Freiburg, Germany at the European Center for Mindfulness.
A Quick Look
In this video from the Greater Good Science Center & Mindful Magazine’s “Practicing Mindfulness & Compassion” conference on March 8, 2013, Nancy Bardacke, CNM, MA, RN explains how mindfulness can mitigate the stress and pain of childbirth for both women and men.
- Learn about Mindful Birthing: Training the Mind, Body, and Heart for Childbirth and Beyond
- Read about Mindful Birthing in Mindful Magazine and Greater Good Magazine. An article published in Greater Good Magazine: “Four Reasons to Practice Mindfulness During Pregnancy“
- Listen to our Audio Book of Mindful Birthing: Training the Mind, Body, and Heart for Childbirth and Beyond with an introduction read by the author, Nancy Bardacke