Hello and welcome to the website for the Mindfulness-Based Childbirth and Parenting (MBCP) Program. Here parents-to-be, their families and friends, health care professionals, researchers and others can learn about our classes, trainings and events. The MBCP Program was founded by Nancy Bardacke, certified nurse-midwife and mindfulness teacher. We are delighted you are visiting us and hope you find the information here useful.
A Quick Look
- Learn about Mindful Birthing: Training the Mind, Body and Heart for Childbirth and Beyond
- Read about Mindful Birthing in Mindful Magazine and Greater Good Magazine
- Where have we been in 2015 and where are we going? Check out our recent Newsletter!
- Don’t miss Nancy at the Bangor University’s 2016 Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice Conference in Cheshire, UK on July 8 – 12th!
- 2014: “The Mind In Labor: Effects of Mind/Body Training on Childbirth Appraisals and Pain Medication Use During Labor” [abstract] in the The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine.
- 2014: “Mindfulness-Based Childbirth and Parenting (MBCP): A health promotion model for childbirth education?” in the Journal of Child and Family Studies
- 2014: Mindfulness-Based Treatment Approaches: Clinicians guide to evidence base and applications (2nd ed.) Bardacke, N. & Duncan, L. (2014). Mindfulness-based childbirth and parenting: Cultivating inner resources for the transition to parenthood and beyond. In R. Baer (Ed.), Mindfulness-based treatment approaches: Clinicians guide to evidence base and applications (2nd ed.). London, UK: Elsevier.
- 2015: “Mindfulness-Based Childbirth and Parenting (MBCP): Innovation in birth preparation to support healthy, happy families” in the International Journal of Birth & Parent Education
In this video from the Greater Good Science Center & Mindful Magazine’s “Practicing Mindfulness & Compassion” conference on March 8, 2013, Nancy Bardacke, CNM, MA, RN explains how mindfulness can mitigate the stress and pain of childbirth for both women and men.