Hello and welcome to the website for the Mindfulness-Based Childbirth and Parenting (MBCP) Program. Here parents-to-be, their families and friends, health care professionals, researchers and others can learn about our classes, trainings and events. The MBCP Program was founded by Nancy Bardacke, certified nurse-midwife and mindfulness teacher. We are delighted you are visiting us and hope you find the information here useful.
A Quick Look
Upcoming Events in 2016:
- May 21st to 26th – Albuquerque, New Mexico. The American College of Nurse Midwives 61st Annual Meeting and Exhibition. 5/21, 12:00 – 4:00 p.m., workshop on Mindfulness Skills for the Midwife and the Expectant Families She Serves. 5/23, 5:30 – 6:30 p.m., presentation on Mindfulness Training for Childbirth as Primary Prevention: Life Skills for Expectant Women, Families and the Midwife.
- May 31st – San Francisco, CA. Presentation to the San Francisco General Hospital’s Volunteer Doula Program. 7:30–9:45 p.m., SFGH, 1001 Potrero Ave. In the Wellness Center on the 2nd floor.
- June 16th – Brussels, Belgium. Public Talk. 8:00-10:00 p.m., at the Université Libre de Bruxelles in room H2215.
- June 17th to 19th – Brussels, Belgium. MBCP: An Introductory Workshop for Expectant Parents and Professionals. At Centre Les Sources, Rue Kelle 48, 1200 Brussels.
- June 24th to 26th – Madrid, Spain. MBCP: An Introductory Workshop for Expectant Parents and Professionals. At MadYoga Studio, Calle de Pizzaro, 19, 28004 Madrid.
- July 8th – Bangor, Wales. Bangor University’s 2016 Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice Conference. 9:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m., workshop on MBCP. At Bangor University’s Reichel Hall.
2015: “Mindfulness-Based Childbirth and Parenting (MBCP): Innovation in birth preparation to support healthy, happy families” in the International Journal of Birth & Parent Education
2014: “The Mind In Labor: Effects of Mind/Body Training on Childbirth Appraisals and Pain Medication Use During Labor” [abstract] in the The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine
2014: “Mindfulness-Based Childbirth and Parenting (MBCP): A health promotion model for childbirth education?” in the International Journal of Birth & Parent Education
2014: Mindfulness-Based Treatment Approaches: Clinicians guide to evidence base and applications (2nd ed.) Bardacke, N. & Duncan, L. (2014). Mindfulness-based childbirth and parenting: Cultivating inner resources for the transition to parenthood and beyond. In R. Baer (Ed.), Mindfulness-based treatment approaches: Clinicians guide to evidence base and applications (2nd ed.). London, UK: Elsevier.
In this video from the Greater Good Science Center & Mindful Magazine’s “Practicing Mindfulness & Compassion” conference on March 8, 2013, Nancy Bardacke, CNM, MA, RN explains how mindfulness can mitigate the stress and pain of childbirth for both women and men.