Hello and welcome to the website for the Mindfulness-Based Childbirth and Parenting (MBCP) Program. Here parents-to-be, their families and friends, health care professionals, researchers and others can learn about our classes, trainings and events. The MBCP Program was founded by Nancy Bardacke, certified nurse-midwife and mindfulness teacher. We are delighted you are visiting us and hope you find the information here useful.
A Quick Look
- March 17-19, 2017 – San Francisco, CA. Mind in Labor Weekend Workshop with Nancy Bardacke. At the UCSF Osher Center for Integrative Medicine.
- March 26-April 1, 2017 – Petaluma, CA. 6-day Introductory Professional Retreat with Nancy Bardacke and Eluned Gold. At EarthRise Retreat Center, 101 San Antonio Rd.
Read about Mindful Birthing in Mindful Magazine and Greater Good Magazine.
An article just published in Greater Good Magazine: “Four Reasons to Practice Mindfulness During Pregnancy”
Where have we been and where are we going? Check out our recent Newsletter!
Listen to our new Audio Book of Mindful Birthing: Training the Mind, Body, and Heart for Childbirth and Beyond an introduction read by the author, Nancy Bardacke
- 2016: “‘I’ve Changed My Mind,’ Mindfulness-Based Childbirth and Parenting (MBCP) for pregnant women with a high level of fear of childbirth and their partners: study protocol of the quasi-experimental controlled trial” in BMC Psychiatry
- 2016: “Mindfulness in Maternity: Evaluation of a Course for Midwives” in the British Journal of Midwifery
- 2015: “Mindfulness-Based Childbirth and Parenting (MBCP): Innovation in birth preparation to support healthy, happy families” in the International Journal of Birth & Parent Education
- 2014: “The Mind In Labor: Effects of Mind/Body Training on Childbirth Appraisals and Pain Medication Use During Labor” [abstract] in the The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine
- 2014: “Mindfulness-Based Childbirth and Parenting (MBCP): A health promotion model for childbirth education?” in the International Journal of Birth & Parent Education
- 2014: Mindfulness-Based Treatment Approaches: Clinicians guide to evidence base and applications (2nd ed.) Bardacke, N. & Duncan, L. (2014). Mindfulness-based childbirth and parenting: Cultivating inner resources for the transition to parenthood and beyond. In R. Baer (Ed.), Mindfulness-based treatment approaches: Clinicians guide to evidence base and applications (2nd ed.). London, UK: Elsevier.
In this video from the Greater Good Science Center & Mindful Magazine’s “Practicing Mindfulness & Compassion” conference on March 8, 2013, Nancy Bardacke, CNM, MA, RN explains how mindfulness can mitigate the stress and pain of childbirth for both women and men.