The classes listed here are an invitation and an opportunity to begin or deepen the practice of mindfulness—moment-to-moment non-judgmental awareness—for meeting the joys and challenges of pregnancy, childbirth and parenting, learning to nurture our children as we grow ourselves in everyday family life. The Mindfulness-Based Childbirth and Parenting program is modeled on the pioneering work of the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Program at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center founded by Jon Kabat-Zinn, Ph.D. Through meditation, yoga, awareness of breathing and group dialogue we learn a precious life skill that can hold us as we engage in one of the most important, joyful and stressful jobs on the planet, that of giving birth to and parenting the next generation.
CLASSES FOR EXPECTANT PARENTS:
- The Mindfulness-Based Childbirth and Parenting Program (MBCP)
- The Mind in Labor Weekend Workshop
- Mindful Parenting
CLASSES FOR PROFESSIONALS:
- 6-day Introduction to MBCP Professional Training Retreat
- 3-day Introduction to MBCP in Belgium (June 17-19) and Spain (June 24-26). Details to be announced soon!
- Click here for FAQ about classes for expectant parents, professionals or becoming an MBCP instructor.
For more information on any offerings or trainings please send us an email.